“For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.” (Matthew 25: 35-36)
Take a moment to consider how you might feel if you could no longer worship and attend church. What would your life be like without the fellowship worship experience?
Many of our homebound members have attended church all of their lives, before the circumstance of their health or the health of a loved one made it difficult or impossible to attend services. Many miss church fellowship profoundly. Are you willing to help keep their connection with their church family alive?
There are many different ways to help:
- Volunteer to call on a homebound member.
- Volunteer to take communion to a homebound member once a month.
- Volunteer to send encouraging notes.
- Enlist your children to design creative greeting cards.
- Pray that these men and women understand the value they still hold for this congregation. Pray that they understand how treasured their lives are in God’s eyes. Pray that people will be moved to reach out to our homebound members in meaningful ways.